- What can the Southern California Wound Healing Center offer me as a patient?
- What types of treatment can I expect?
- What types of wounds/conditions are appropriate for treatment?
- Is my treatment covered by insurance?
- Do I need to tell my primary care physician that I am receiving treatment at a wound healing center?
- How do I make an appointment and/or get more information?
Q: What can the Southern California Wound Healing Center offer me as a patient?
A team of renowned multispecialty physicians, surgeons and podiatrists highly skilled and dedicated to wound healing and limb salvage.
Q: What types of treatment can I expect?
Treatments often include surgical intervention, but may also include bioengineered skin substitutes, vacuum-assisted closure or hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which is available at Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital (TOSH). The TOSH hyperbaric unit is staffed with critical care hyperbaric nurses and the patients are treated in single-place chambers, which are filled with 100% oxygen and pressurized at 2.0-2.4 atmospheres absolute (ATA) for most conditions.
Q: What types of wounds/conditions are appropriate for treatment?
The Southern California Wound Healing Center physicians will treat all non-healing wounds. The etiologies are varied, but may include:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Diabetic foot infections
- Chronic, refractory osteomyelitis
- Venous ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Ischemic ulcers
- Radiation soft tissue injury
- Non healing post operative wounds
- Stump complications
- Any wound that has not healed by 50% within 4 weeks of conventional treatment
Q: Is my treatment covered by insurance?
Medicare and most other payors cover the services provided at the center.
Q: Do I need to tell my primary care physician that I am receiving treatment at a wound healing center?
Sometimes it is your primary care physician who makes the referral to a wound healing center. Our clinic program director will make sure that your doctor receives updates and reports of your progress. Keep in mind that you will also need to continue regular care with your primary physician.
Q: How do I make an appointment and/or get more information?
Please contact the center directly at 805-494-1222.